Monday, June 18, 2012

Bums

Today(Sunday)we just bummed around. We went to church with the Kona 2nd ward members and listened to the Mission President and his wife speak. He mentioned that there are 2 missionaries on the island of Lanai'i. One is a cowboy from Utah and the other is Filipino-exactly the kind of people who live on the island. There are 2 sets of missionaries on the island of Molokai where 1 out of 7 is a member of the LDS church. I found these little facts to be interesting. We read on our lanai for most of the afternoon and then headed up north to the Kohala Coast for dinner. On the way we stopped at Costco to get gas. Their price is $.60 cheaper than others that we've seen but no lines for gas-go figure. Dinner, as I mentioned on Facebook, was nothing spectacular except for the black sugar ice cream. I think I'm going to have to get some black sugar and experiment with it. Sunset magazine recommended this place (The Canoe House at the Mauna Lani Bay hotel)but I can't figure out why. The location can't be beat but the food was only so-so and pricey. I'm willing to pay, if the food is good. We were at the restaurant for over 2 hours which, for me, is way too long. It dont think it was our server's fault. I think it was the kitchen's. When my food came out-braised short ribs with Gorgonzola polenta & asparagus-the meat was dry and lukewarm, at best. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

1 comment: