Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kona Day 1

Aloha - We arrived in Kona, after a wonderful flight, expecting heat but found the weather to be delightful - overcast but cool with a slight breeze.  We rented our car and drove into Kailua to have lunch at a restaurant we ate at the first time we visited Kona 2 years ago-The Fish Hopper. We shared the crab cakes with mango salsa which were pretty tasty.  We then drove to the condo which is about two miles down the road.  This is an oceanfront 6 unit condo building with stunning views and sounds!  Each unit has pocket sliding glass doors that stretch across from wall to wall. I wish you could hear what I hear (I took video of the sound but it was taking too long to download). When we stayed here before, Tim was trying to watch TV but kept complaining that the ocean was too noisy!  I reminded him that he is in Hawaii and to turn off the TV. The pictures below show the views we have and the pool which, if I were brave enough, I could dive into from my lanai!





These two are of the same view but I think the ocean spray got on the camera without me realizing it.

We spent the rest of the day trading our gas guzzling 4x4 ($4.79 a gallon) for a more reasonable gas guzzler and shopping for groceries.  For the past few months, Tim and I have been gleefully anticipating shopping at the Costco in Kona (members of my family know exactly what I'm talking about). And today we lived the dream :-)

We also shopped at Safeway where I had to be resuscitated after reaching for this item:


That's $6.19 for one bag!! After seeing this, I cried "uncle", we bought a pizza and went back and ate it in the dark, on our lanai, listening to the surf.

3 comments:

  1. I would think the condo people would discourage jumping from the balcony into the pool. All thought that does look tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I'm pretty sure they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we could ever stay there. Alex would jump the minute our backs were turned

    ReplyDelete